Sheriff Jayson Richardson was born and raised in Logansport and a graduate of Logansport High School. He and his wife Cassie attend Fellowship Community Church of Stonewall with two daughters, Kaylee and Olivia. He began his career in law enforcement by attending the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Training Academy and also attending the FBI LEEDA Trilogy.
Sheriff Richardson has served a total of 18 years at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office where he has served in the capacity of:
- Directed Patrol Unit
- S.W.A.T. Operator
- Sergeant of Technology
- Leuitenant of Administration
- Captain of Patrol
- Chief Criminal Deputy
- DeSoto Parish Sheriff since 2018.
During his tenure at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office Sheriff Richardson has:
- Initiated the Cyber/Hi Tech Crime Unit
- Researched and implemented new Forensic Investigative capabilities
- Established a Technology Forensics Program
- Was assigned to both the State and FBI Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Founded the Bringing Joye Program for Children with Special Needs
- And has played an active role in various other community programs that involve assistance with - Senior Citizens, Domestic Violence, Crime Prevention, and working alongside the DeSoto Parish School System to ensure child safety.
Sheriff Richardson is a proud member of the DeSoto Parish Chamber of Commerce as well as:
- DeSoto Parish Foster Grandparents Board
- Circle of Hope
- DeSoto Regional Health System Association
- Shriners International
- Mt. Vernon Masonic Lodge
- National Rifle Association
- National Sheriff's Association
- And an Organizing Member of Men of Prayer
Sheriff Richardson's vision for the future is to lead his team by example. That means always finding ways to be more active in serving, and proactive in protecting all citizens of our Parish. His aim is to maintain our parish as a place where all people can live, work together, and visit safely without fear.