The DeSoto Parish Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing effective and efficient law enforcement to DeSoto Parish. We shall strive to improve the quality of life of our citizens while serving with integrity and protecting with compassion.
This agency shall be a leader in public safety through innovation, continuous learning and quality leadership. We will equally enforce the law, preserve the peace, prevent crime and apprehend those that offend. We will do this while providing secure and humane detention of persons in our custody. We will train, equip, and nurture professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of excellence. We will always be committed to enhancing the quality of life for all people of DeSoto Parish.
The DeSoto Parish Sheriff’s Office embraces these Core Values:
RESPECT: As community servants, we will treat the public and each other ethically and with dignity and compassion.
TRUST: We understand that trust is earned from our community, through honest actions, transparency, and purposeful interaction.
EXCELLENCE: We will provide the highest level of customer service, constantly seeking improvement which evolves with the needs of our community and our Agency.
SERVICE: We will place the wellbeing of others above their own. Recognizing the importance of each member of this agency, we do our utmost to encourage and assist one another to develop as professionals.
Sheriff Jayson Richardson was born and raised in Logansport and a graduate of Logansport High School. He and his wife Cassie attend Fellowship Community Church of Stonewall with two daughters, Kaylee and Olivia. He began his career in law enforcement by attending the Caddo Parish Sheriff's Training Academy and also attending the FBI LEEDA Trilogy.
Sheriff Richardson has served a total of 18 years at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office where he has served in the capacity of:
- Directed Patrol Unit
- S.W.A.T. Operator
- Sergeant of Technology
- Leuitenant of Administration
- Captain of Patrol
- Chief Criminal Deputy
- DeSoto Parish Sheriff since 2018.
During his tenure at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office Sheriff Richardson has:
- Initiated the Cyber/Hi Tech Crime Unit
- Researched and implemented new Forensic Investigative capabilities
- Established a Technology Forensics Program
- Was assigned to both the State and FBI Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Founded the Bringing Joye Program for Children with Special Needs
- And has played an active role in various other community programs that involve assistance with - Senior Citizens, Domestic Violence, Crime Prevention, and working alongside the DeSoto Parish School System to ensure child safety.
Sheriff Richardson is a proud member of the DeSoto Parish Chamber of Commerce as well as:
- DeSoto Parish Foster Grandparents Board
- Circle of Hope
- DeSoto Regional Health System Association
- Shriners International
- Mt. Vernon Masonic Lodge
- National Rifle Association
- National Sheriff's Association
- And an Organizing Member of Men of Prayer
Sheriff Richardson's vision for the future is to lead his team by example. That means always finding ways to be more active in serving, and proactive in protecting all citizens of our Parish. His aim is to maintain our parish as a place where all people can live, work together, and visit safely without fear.
Chief Ray Sharrow was raised in Mansfield, Louisiana and a graduate of Stanley High School. He and his wife, Sonya Barber Sharrow have two sons, Steve and Seth, and two daughters, Hannah and Haleigh. Chief Sharrow is also a proud grandfather to six wonderful grandchildren. He began his career in Law Enforcement as a graduate of Class 53 at BPCC Training Academy at Bellevue.
Chief Sharrow has served 25 years at the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office. During his tenure, he has served in the following capacities:
- Corrections Deputy
- K-9 Deputy
- Patrol Sergeant
- S.W.A.T. Sergeant
- Lieutenant and then Captain of Narcotics
Chief Sharrow is also a member of:
- The Louisiana Sheriff's Association
- Has served on the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force
- Has served on the NWLA FBI Violent Crimes Task Force
- Director of the Tri-Parish Drug Task Force
Chief Cason is a life long resident of Logansport, Louisiana and a graduate of Logansport High School. Her and her husband, Rodger Cason, Jr., share four children together, Kyle, Keaton, Ashley, and Amber. Chief Cason is also a member of the First United Methodist Church in Logansport and member of the choir. She has been employeed by the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office for 16 years and began her law enforcement career as a POST Graduate of Shreveport Regional Training Academy's 54th Basic Class.
In her Tenure, Chief Cason has held the following roles:
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Office Administrator
- Chief Civil Deputy
She is also a member of the:
- Louisiana Sheriff's Association
- LSA Insurance Advisory Board