Interested in employment with the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office?
DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office has a multiple step hiring process. Throughout this process, applicants will be screened with a reading test, physical fitness assessment, background check, and interview.
NEXT TESTING DATE: MARCH 11TH | 9:00am
INFORMATION ON TESTING PROCESS:
- You will first need to download, complete, and return your hiring packet to our Main Office at 205 Franklin Street in Mansfield, prior to the testing date above. You may find that Hiring Packet by CLICKING HERE
- On the date of testing, upon arrival to the DeSoto Sheriff Training Center, applicants will be provided The Nelson-Denny Reading Test. You can find a Practice Test to prepare before arrival by CLICKING HERE
- Immediately following, there will be a Physical Test (Cooper Standards) for those applying into Corrections and Patrol only. You may find information on what is required by CLICKING HERE
- The two tests, hiring packet, and any resume submitted will be evaulated and considered for any current available positions. These will be kept on file for 1 year from the testing date before you need apply again.
- Pending the results from those tests, you may be contacted back to schedule an interview.
- This process applies to everyone, regardless of prior experience or employment with other law enforcement agencies.
LOCATION FOR TESTING:
DESOTO PARISH SHERIFF TRAINING CENTER
120 Sprocket Lane, Grand Cane, LA